Join UHI Outer Hebrides Board to help the education of young people & adults flourish.
The UHI Outer Hebrides Board of Management is looking to appoint independent non-executive board members.
What does the board do:
The board is collectively responsible for overseeing the College’s activities, determining its future direction and fostering an environment in which the College Mission is achieved, and the potential of all learners is maximised.
This is a very exciting time to be part of the college as we continue our campus re- development plan, our work on the Islands Deal, work closely on key economic development projects such as the new Deep Water Port in Stornoway as well as delivering new curriculum plans to support employment and development throughout the Outer Hebrides.
What are we looking for:
The college are looking for a broad range of backgrounds, skills and experience to help set the overall strategic direction of the College and be responsible for its corporate governance.
UHI Outer Hebrides plays a crucial role in the delivery of education and training to young people and adults of all ages in the Outer Hebrides and is seen as a key means of improving the economic and social well-being of the region. To provide this service the college work closely with local, regional and national bodies in both the public and private sectors.
We would especially like to hear from you if you can demonstrate experience or knowledge of:
- further, higher or senior secondary education or the college student experience; or
- industry, commerce, finance, the third sector, public service or trade unions; or
- the region (or a relevant part of it) and its relevant needs.
- We also need a commitment of 6 days or so in any academic year for Board and Committee duties. The majority of our meetings are held in the evening each lasting 2 hours and may be accessed remotely. Appointments will be for four years in the first instance. Student and Staff members are appointed through different arrangements.
Hear from our Chair Archie Macdonald:
“I have been a member of the UHI Outer Hebrides board since November 2019 and was appointed as Chair of the Board in August 2020. I am extremely proud to serve on the board and be part of a key institution for the Outer Hebrides. As well as being a major employer locally UHI Outer Hebrides works closely with a range of local organisations such as CNES, HIE and a range of local business to ensure we are delivering essential education and employability skills for our local community and helping to promote the growth of our islands. We want you to be part of that too.”
How do I find out more and apply:
To find out more about the role, please visit the vacancies page on the College website for an application pack: https://www.outerhebrides.uhi.ac.uk/staff/vacancies
Completed application forms must be returned by e-mail to Fiona.Macleod@uhi.ac.uk by 5pm on Friday 6 May 2022. Interviews will take place on Monday 30th May 2022.
About UHI Outer Hebrides:
- UHI Outer Hebrides is a further and higher education college in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. It is part of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- We have centres throughout the Outer Hebrides - Our Centres - Lews Castle College UHI
- You can find out more about studying at LCC UHI - Subjects - Lews Castle College UHI
- Search our courses - Courses - Lews Castle College UHI
- Hear more from our students - Student stories (uhi.ac.uk)
Media enquiries: Kathryn Lamont Smith – email@example.com - 07817530062
Website: Home - UHI Outer Hebrides
Telephone: 01851 770 000
Facebook: UHI Outer Hebrides | Facebook