Get on your bike at UHI Outer Hebrides!
College launches free E-Bike scheme for Students and Staff in Stornoway as part of Green Week 2023
Opportunities to get to, from and around the Lews castle grounds and Stornoway campus just got even better.
The Highlands and Islands Students’ Association (HISA) and UHI Outer Hebrides have introduced a bike pool for all UHI Students and staff. The three brand new electric bikes are the perfect opportunity to cycle to lectures, pop into town or enjoy a lunchtime cycle through the beautiful Lews Castle Grounds.
The bike pool has been made possible thanks to a grant from Cycle Scotland, with funding from Transport Scotland. As well as the bikes safety gear will be provided including; helmets, locks and high vis vests, funded by Cycling UK.
The bike pool aims to make cycling easy and accessible. There are many physical and mental health benefits to regular exercise, and the initiative to help you get outdoors fits perfectly with the college vision for inclusive access and encouraging active travel at UHI Outer Hebrides. Using a bike can often be a quicker way to get around town and to and from accommodation, and it’s certainly a cheaper and more environmentally friendly way to travel.
For more info on how to hire the bikes students and staff can contact the Student Services Team on email@example.com
About UHI Outer Hebrides:
- UHI Outer Hebrides is a further and higher education college in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland, and is part of the University of the Highlands and Islands
- UHI Outer Hebrides will merge with UHI North Highland and UHI West Highland to form UHI North, West and Hebrides later this year, pending Scottish Government approval.
- We have centres established throughout the Outer Hebrides - Our Centres - UHI Outer Hebrides
- Study Archaeology at UHI Outer Hebrides - Subjects - Archaeology (uhi.ac.uk)
- Find out more about our courses at UHI Outer Hebrides – Courses - UHI Outer Hebrides
- Hear more from our students - Student stories (uhi.ac.uk)